Oldbike: All the Kings Horses and All the Kings Men…

…weren’t needed to get my carbs back together again.

This Saturday I finally finished cleaning my carbs with very little incident.  There was one little hiccup, somehow I lost the spring that goes on the end of the pilot air screw on the right hand carburetor.  Upon further assessment it would seem to me that the point of that screw is to keep tension on the threads of the screw so that it doesn’t work its way out with the engines vibrations.  So I set out to find a replacement spring, I didn’t have to look much farther than the nearest clicky-pen.  The spring was the same diameter as the original, though a lighter duty it appeared so I cut it down to length leaving it a little longer than the stocker hoping that will give it a similar tension to the original, only time will tell now.

This week will be spent testing the rest of the ignition system for spark and cleaning of the fuel petcock on the gas tank if those two things go well, then a test firing this could be in order for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment