A 5000 watt bulb inside a pumpkin!
If you told me 20 years ago that this would be a thing I would have laughed in you face. I'm still laughing but also kind of want to watch it.
Also as a side note, here's the first time I ever saw Snoop Dogg,.. 22 years ago now 😁
- Benjamin Francis Leftwich - Tilikum
- Birdy - Skinny Love
- Ólafur Arnalds - Particles ft. Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir
- Grayson Gibson - Sunset
- Gavin James - Nervous
- Bon Iver - 22 (OVER S∞∞N) [Bob Moose Extended Cab Version]
- The Gaslamp Killer - In The Dark
- 888 - Critical Mistakes
- Glass Animals - Youth
- Bastille - Send Them Off!
- MuteMath - Changes
- The Black Eyed Peas - #WHERESTHELOVE ft. The World
- Halsey - Haunting
- Mike Posner - I Took A Pill In Ibiza (Seeb Remix)
- The Chainsmokers - Don't Let Me Down ft. Daya
- Calvin Harris - This Is What You Came For ft. Rihanna
- Ty Dolla $ign - Saved ft. E-40
- Wale - My PYT
- Fat Joe, Remy Ma - All The Way Up ft. French Montana, Infared
- TWENTY ØNE PILØTS - Heathens
- Muse - Madness
- IAMX - Spit It Out
- St. Lucia - Love Somebody Live on KCRW
- The Chainsmokers - Closer ft. Halsey
- Frances - Say It Again
- KATÉA - California Baby
- Kenny Chesney - Setting the World On Fire
...Well, not the way I'm supposed to, exactly.
Back in August While doing some "Googling" about the Love Your Spouse Challenge that was so big at the time to see if it was anti-LGBT...
...when I found this gem of a blog-post that basically made me feel a little more normal. I didn't share it at the time because I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade who was participating, but since it has died down now, I figured it would be OK to share.
I found this article back in may and filed it away to share at some point. Being that tomorrow us our daughter's 2nd birthday I really wanted to re-read this article and share it with others. For me being a parent is pretty scary, how do you know what is right for your kids? How do you fund the right balance of protecting them and letting them learn from their own mistakes. How do you make sure that they grow up to be happy, to be good people? For me, I try to remember my childhood when reading articles like this one and see if they ring true with my own experience and build a hybrid of the good from my youth and the theories that make sense to my adult self. Combine that with what Anne (who knows so much more about child psychology and development than I will ever know) knows and hopefully we will, "get it right." This particular article reminds me of the importance of downtime for kids, it's so easy to take all of your I wish I would have been taught this/done that feelings and project them on to your kids. I have to remember that it's OK for a kid to be bored, or for him or her to be have idle time. For me with my shift work that means that sometimes I have to park my desires to go out and do something constructive with my daughter and be content just watching her play.
Suffering with a “cumulative stress reaction” as a result of the snowballing effect of too much, children develop their own coping strategies to feel safe. Parents and society are conscious of the need to protect our children physically.
We legislate car seats, bike helmets and hover in playgrounds. But protecting mental health is more obscure.
But, sadly, we are messing up. Modern day children are exposed to a constant flood of information which they can’t process or rationalise. They’re growing up faster as we put them into adult roles and increase our expectations of them. So, they look for other aspects of their life they can control.
1. Lil Jon - Snap Yo Fingers
2. Bubba Sparxxx - Ms. New Booty
3. Kelis - Bossy
4. Fergie - London Bridge
5. Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous
6. Justin Timberlake – SexyBack
7. Panic! at the Disco - I Write Sins Not Tragedies
8. Fall Out Boy - Dance, Dance
9. Fort Minor - Where'd You Go
10. The All-American Rejects - Move Along
11. Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
12. The Fray - How to Save A Life
13. James Blunt - You're Beautiful
14. John Mayer - Waiting On The World To Change
15. Hinder - Lips Of An Angel
16. Blue October - Hate Me
17. KT Tunstall - Black Horse And The Cherry Tree
18. Cassie - Me & U
19. Eminem - Shake That
20. Pussycat Dolls – Buttons
21. Kanye West - Gold Digger